Monday, April 21

Lotus Blossom

I finished my Lotus Blossom tank from Interweave Knits Summer 2006 (ravel it here). I'm quite happy with it! It is the second top I have ever finished for myself. It is knit in the round from the bottom up, so the minimal seaming really suits me!


Knit from : February 26 - April 10 2008

Yarn : Classic Elite Yarns Cotton Bam Boo

I wasn't comfortable knitting the smallest size (33 3/4") for my waist/hips, but the next larger size (39") would have been a little ridiculous, so I did some minor modifications. I cast on 210 stitches, which made one more lace repeat than the small size. I used size US5 and 6 needles as stated in the pattern until the 5th vertical pattern repeat (pattern only calls for 4, I added one for length). That last one I did on a size US4 needle, and on the decrease round I went all the way down to the number of stitches called for in the smallest size. Then I switched back to size US5 and finished the top following the pattern.

I loved this yarn. I had to be careful not to split it though. The lace section looks lovely...
But I think it makes a gorgeous stockinette.

No comments: